Cambridge Brass is the leader in the design, manufacture, and sale of municipal waterworks brass valves and fittings in Canada. Established in 1905, we are a self-reliant division of A.Y. McDonald Industries Inc. and are currently expanding our footprint throughout North America and exploring international opportunities. Our operations include a modern foundry, machine shop and distribution services, based on lean manufacturing principles. We are constantly focused on growth and currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team in Product / Manufacturing Engineering.
The Product Manufacturing Engineer will report to the Director of Technical Services and will partner with other departments to develop, implement and improve processes, products, tooling and automation.
- Identify & develop manufacturing processes, tooling methods, equipment and fixtures through design, research, applied knowledge and conferring with customers and operators
- Recognize and resolve tooling related difficulties with existing and new projects
- Cost development of new products & customer quote preparation
- Convert design concept through to product launch
- Engineering analysis of materials and methods, leading to recommendations for optimized cost, quality & manufacturability
- Research into alternate materials, suppliers, and new technologies
- Product launch support, including product enhancement, process design and optimization, and advanced planning documentation
- Continuous improvement and cost reduction of product and process
- Coordination of prototype tooling builds and sample production
- Assist in resolution of process scrap
- Other tasks as assigned
- College Diploma or University Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Experience in one or more areas of: casting, machining, assembly, testing and automation
- Must possess a high degree of mechanical aptitude and be familiar with manufacturing methods and procedures
- Understanding of project management principles; scope, time, risk, and quality management
- Must be skilled at preparing proposals and presenting technical information, including those geared for non-technical audiences
- Previous experience in a hands on role with use or practical application is critical to success in the role
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging role please forward your resume in confidence to:
Human Resources, Cambridge Brass Inc.
Cambridge, Ontario N1R 5V1
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Cambridge Brass will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview please advise us if you require accommodation.